It feels much too soon to mention Christmas, but it really is approaching quickly! Your furry friend can join the festivities by getting a holiday-themed picture taken! Santa will be present at many of these events, but if your fur-baby isn’t comfortable with Jolly Old Saint Nick they can also get photos without him in a lovely Christmas setting.
For the last two years I have partnered with another local photographer to offer Christmas sessions, but the stars did not align this year. Instead, I have compiled a list of other photographers who are offering this type of session for 2021!
Some of these events support a local rescue, some are for-profit, and some are a mixture of the two. The price, length, backdrops, and what is included in each event varies, so be sure to do your research and choose the event that works best for you and your pup(s)!
As information can change, it is recommended that you check the website or Facebook page of each event to confirm details such as:
- exact location
- whether the event is drop in or if booking is required
- if sessions are by donation or a set session fee
- date and times available
Arranged in date order some local events include:
- November 6 to 20 – Westlock – Tumbleweed Portraits and Photography
- November 13 – HART warehouse – Humane Animal Resuce Team
- November 14, 20, & 21 – Elizabeth Faye Photography
- November 14 – Gibbons – Cynthia Priest Photography
- November 14 – Bone and Biscuit Crestwood – Beagle Paws Rescue
- November 14 – Kiwi Nurseries (Spruce Grove) – Coral Konanz Photography with Pitbulls for Life
- November 18 – studio in southwest Edmonton – Robert Bray Portrait Design with Alberta Lung
- November 20 – West Henday Pet Valu – Paws in Need Animal Rescue Society
- November 20, 21, 27, & 28 – Various Locations – Aislynne’s Images Photography
- November 20 & 21 – Gibbons – Furrr-tography
- November 20 & 27 – Daniel T Photos
- November 21 – Olde Back Roads (Stony Plain) – Sarah Taylor Photography
- November 21 – SCARS Christmas Craft Sale
- November 21 & 27 – Jessica Musslewhite Art & Photography
- November 27 – St. Albert Pet Valu – Paws in Need Animal Rescue
- November 27 – Barkstreet Market Stony Plain – Korena Paradis Photography
- November 27 – Borden Park – Help a Buddy Fund and Greater Edmonton Animal Rescue Society
- Various dates in November – Studio in SE Edmonton – Tiffany Rose Photography
- December 4 – Berkeley’s Place – Help A Buddy Fund
- December 4 – E&E Kennels Stony Plain in support of the Animal Cancer Therapy Subsidization Society
- December 5 – Mayfield Pet Valu – Paws in Need Animal Rescue
- December 12 – Rabbit Hill Pet Valu – Paws in Need Animal Rescue
We hope you enjoy whichever event you choose!
Cheers – Julie, Maia, and Ellie